Photobacterium frigidiphilum sp. nov., a psychrophilic, lipolytic bacterium isolated from deep-sea sediments of Edison Seamount
Cited 42 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 41 time in
- Photobacterium frigidiphilum sp. nov., a psychrophilic, lipolytic bacterium isolated from deep-sea sediments of Edison Seamount
- Seo, H.J.; Bae, S.S.; Lee, J.-H.; Kim, S.-J.
- KIOST Author(s)
- Lee, Jung Hyun(이정현)
- A Gram-negative, motile, rod-shaped, psychrophilic and weakly halophilic bacterial strain, SL13T, was isolated from deep-sea sediments (1450 m depth) of Edison Seamount in the western Pacific Ocean. Optimal growth of SL13T requires the presence of 1.5% (w/v) NaCl, a pH of 6.0 and a temperature of 14 °C. The whole-cell fatty acid profile of the isolate includes C16:1 and C16:0 as major fatty acids and contains C20:5ω3. This is consistent with corresponding data for Photobacterium profundum. The DNA G+C content of strain SL13T is 43.8 mol%. Phylogenetic analyses of 16S rRNA gene sequences place this bacterium in the 'Gammaproteobacteria', within the genus Photobacterium. Sequence similarity analysis indicates that the closest relatives of strain SL13T are Photobacterium indicum (99.3%), P. profundum (98.5%) and Photobacterium lipolyticum (98.2%). The DNA-DNA hybridization levels between the isolate and its closest known phylogenetic relatives, P. indicum, P. profundum and P. lipolyticum, are 27.1, 52.4 and 20.2%, respectively. Thus strain SL13T represents a novel species of the genus Photobacterium, for which the name Photobacterium frigidiphilum sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is SL13T (=KCTC 12384T=JCM 12947T). © 2005 IUMS.
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, v.55, no.4, pp.1661 - 1666, 2005
- bacterial DNA; bacterial RNA; cytosine; fatty acid; guanine; ribosome RNA; RNA 16S; sodium chloride; acidity; article; bacterial cell; bacterial growth; bacterial strain; bacterioplankton; bacterium isolation; deep sea; DNA DNA hybridization; Gammaproteobacteria; gene sequence; genus; Gram negative bacterium; molecular phylogeny; new species; nonhuman; nucleotide sequence; Pacific Ocean; pH; Photobacterium; Photobacterium frigidiphilum; Photobacterium indicum; Photobacterium lipolyticum; Photobacterium phosphoreum; priority journal; sequence analysis; sequence homology; temperature dependence; Bacterial Typing Techniques; Base Composition; Cold; DNA, Bacterial; DNA, Ribosomal; Fatty Acids; Genes, rRNA; Geologic Sediments; Molecular Sequence Data; Photobacterium; Phylogeny; RNA, Ribosomal, 16S; Seawater; Sequence Analysis, DNA; Sodium Chloride; Gammaproteobacteria; Hyphomicrobium indicum; Negibacteria; Photobacterium; Photobacterium lipolyticum; Photobacterium profundum
- Related Researcher
marine biotechnology,molecular microbiology,해양생명공학,분자미생물학
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.