서해 해상풍력단지 조성 예정해역의 대형저서동물 군집 생체량에 대한 생태학적 평가
- 서해 해상풍력단지 조성 예정해역의 대형저서동물 군집 생체량에 대한 생태학적 평가
- Ecological Evaluation on the Biomass of Macrobenthic Communities Observed from a Planned Offshore Wind Farm Area, West Coast of Korea
- 정수영; 이채린; 김성현; 김성태; 명정구; 오승용; 박진우; 진승주; 유재원
- KIOST Author(s)
- Myoung, Jung Goo(명정구); Oh, Sung Yong(오승용)
- We analyzed the preliminary survey data (2014−2016) of macrobenthic community biomass (n = 112) from the wind farm area located in the southern part of the west coast of Korea and compared this data with data from the entire west coast (n = 369; 2006−2008). Modal classes from frequency distributions were 6 times higher in the latter (5 vs. 32 g/m2). The mean and median values of the latter were 1.3 and 1.7 times higher (mean, 20.7 vs. 27.8 g/m2; median, 17.1 vs. 29.5 g/m2), and the maximum value was 3.4 times higher. Mood’s median test showed significant difference at p-value = 0.01. We estimated the biomass-todepth relationships from each data set by using Akaike Information Criterion and regarded the non-overlap of the 95% confidence intervals as indicating significant difference. The biomass was different from a 10 m depth below, and 3 times higher in the west coast at around 20 m compared with the maximum depth of the wind farm area. A local event of catastrophic sedimentation ranging from 1 to 2 m was observed in the wind farm during winter surveys. This could be a probable source of the lower biomass, but information on biomass seasonality and a natural experimental approach seem to be needed for the conduct of further studies. This study is meaningful in that it provided the background to assess future changes by understanding the lower level of benthic productivity in the area. We expect this study will contribute to the preparation of measures that can remove or mitigate the source of the lower biomass and improve the productivity of fishery resources in the area.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.41, no.4, pp.311 - 318, 2019
- macrobenthos; biomass; offshore wind; sediment burial; natural disturbance
- Related Researcher
Fish ecology,Fish taxonomy,Fish stock enhancement,어류생태,어류분류,어류자원증식
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.