Flavobacterium antarcticum sp. nov., a novel psychrotolerant bacterium isolated from the Antarctic
Cited 65 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 71 time in
- Flavobacterium antarcticum sp. nov., a novel psychrotolerant bacterium isolated from the Antarctic
- Yi, H.; Oh, H.-M.; Lee, J.-H.; Kim, S.-J.; Chun, J.
- KIOST Author(s)
- Lee, Jung Hyun(이정현)
- A yellow-pigmented, Gram-negative and aerobic bacterial strain, designated AT1026T, was isolated from a terrestrial sample from the Antarctic. Results of 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis indicated that the Antarctic isolate belonged to the genus Flavobacterium, with the highest sequence similarity to Flavobacterium tegetincola (96.4%). Cells were non-motile, non-gliding and psychrotolerant, with optimum and maximum temperatures of about 20 and 25 °C. Flexirubins were absent. The major isoprenoid quinone (MK-6), predominant cellular fatty acids (iso-C15:1 G, iso-C15:0 and a mixture of C16:1ω7c and/or iso-C15:0 2-OH) and DNA G+C content (38 mol%) of the Antarctic isolate were consistent with those of the genus Flavobacterium. In contrast, several phenotypic characters can be used to differentiate this isolate from other flavobacteria. The polyphasic data presented in this study indicated that this isolate should be classified as a novel species in the genus Flavobacterium. The name Flavobacterium antarcticum sp. nov. is therefore proposed for the Antarctic isolate; the type strain is AT1026T (=IMSNU 14042T=KCTC 12222T=JCM 12383T). © 2005 IUMS.
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, v.55, no.2, pp.637 - 641, 2005
- bacterial RNA; fatty acid; quinone derivative; RNA 16S; Antarctica; article; bacterial strain; bacterium isolate; cell motility; DNA content; Flavobacterium; Flavobacterium antarcticum; Flavobacterium tegetincola; gene sequence; lipid composition; new species; nonhuman; nucleotide sequence; phenotypic variation; priority journal; sequence analysis; species difference; species identification; strain difference; Antarctic Regions; Bacterial Typing Techniques; Cold; DNA, Bacterial; DNA, Ribosomal; Fatty Acids; Flavobacterium; Molecular Sequence Data; Phenotype; RNA, Ribosomal, 16S; Sequence Analysis, DNA; Soil Microbiology; Bacteria (microorganisms); Flavobacteria; Flavobacterium; Flavobacterium tegetincola; Negibacteria; Polaribacter sp. SCB44
- Related Researcher
marine biotechnology,molecular microbiology,해양생명공학,분자미생물학
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.