유기오염물질의 복합독성이 요각류 사망률에 미치는 영향
- 유기오염물질의 복합독성이 요각류 사망률에 미치는 영향
- Compound Effect of Persistent Organic Pollutants on the Mortality of Marine Copepods
- 강정훈; 김웅서
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kang, Jung Hoon(강정훈); Kim, Woong Seo(김웅서)
- This study investigated primarily the toxic effects of bis(tributyltin)oxide (TBT) and DDT (Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane) on the mortality of adult Acartia omorii and barnacle nauplii as well as the hatching rate of A. omorii. Subsequently, compound effects of TBT and DDT on the mortality of immature copepods were tested in order to assess whether or not synergistic influence existed in the mixture of sublethal concentration of two pollutants. Mortality of adult A. omorii increased as exposure concentration of DDT increased in the range of from 0.0001 to 1 ppm. Egg hatching rate of the copepod showed no distinctive difference in the range between 0.1 and 10 ppm, while barnacle nauplii showed abnormal motility of their appendages in the range of 0.0001 to 1 ppm. Mortality of adult A. omorii increased as TBT concentration increased within the range of 1 and 10 ppb, whereas egg hatching rate of the copepod showed no linear response to the same exposure range. Moreover, copepod nauplii were almost motionless even though copepod eggs hatched under the exposure condition of TBT (0~10 ppb) and DDT (0~10 ppm), respectively, suggesting that the nauplii are hard to develop into adult stage. On the basis of the sublethal concentration less than the 24-h LC50, 0.001 ppm (DDT) and 2 ppb (TBT) were selected to confirm the compound effects of two pollutants on the mortality of immature copepods. Mortality of immature copepods under the condition of mixture of the two pollutants was higher than that in the single exposure condition. This result seems to indicate that synergistic effects of sublethal toxicants can make a more hazardous effect on the survival of immature copepods even though the concentration of single toxicant is not lethal to copepods in the marine environment.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.28, no.1, pp.46 - 56, 2006
- DDT; TBT; mortality rate; hatching rate; synergistic effect; copepods; Acartia omorii; DDT; TBT; mortality rate; hatching rate; synergistic effect; copepods; Acartia omorii
- Related Researcher
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.