연약지반 상에 설치된 상부확대형 해상말뚝의 횡방향 거동 분석
- 연약지반 상에 설치된 상부확대형 해상말뚝의 횡방향 거동 분석
- Performance Evaluation of Offshore Piles with Enlarged Upper Section Subjected to Lateral Loading in Soft Ground
- 장인성; 권오순; 김범상
- KIOST Author(s)
- Jang, In Sung(장인성); Kwon, O Soon(권오순)
- 장인성; 권오순
- Offshore structures are subjected to lateral loading such as wave action, current, wind force etc.. The gravity type structures and/or pile foundations are generally deployed as a substructure for the effective design considering the lateral resistance mechanism. For conventional gravity type offshore structures constructed on the soft ground, which is located on the western and/or southern Korea, however, the excessive consolidation settlements are caused by the self-weight of the structures and additional ground treatment methods are necessary needed. For a structure with pile foundations, the lateral resistance can be obtained with interaction between piles and soil ground, especially the upper part of ground. Therefore, the lateral performance of the piles can be enhanced by reinforcing the upper part of soil ground or by enlarging the upper section of piles. In this study, three different reinforcement methods such as bucket pile type, top base pile type, and grouting reinforcement type were utilized in the 3-Dim. numerical simulations The parametric study deals with the effects of various factors including soil types and stratigraphy, reinforcement methods, type and dimension of the pile on the lateral behaviors of the pile installed into the soft ground. The numerical results revealed that the lateral resistance of the new pile system with enlarged upper sections was increased c
- ISOPE2011, pp.509 - 512, 2011
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.