Analysis of calibration facilities for Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs)
- Analysis of calibration facilities for Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs)
- Lee, J.-H.; Hwang, K.-C.; Kim, E.-S.
- KIOST Author(s)
- Lee, Junghan(이정한)
- Despite technological developments and application advances of Acoustic Doppler Current Profilers (ADCPs), no standard procedure has been adopted or accepted for calibration of ADCPs. Limitations of existing facilities for calibrating ADCPs, the complexity of ADCP instruments, and rapid changes in ADCP technology are some of the reasons why a standard procedure has not been adopted. However, there is increasing realization of the need for effective Quality Assurance (QA) and as part of that the importance of standardized calibration. In this study, the significance of calibration and QA plans for ADCPs is discussed and the calibration facilities for ADCPs at home and abroad are reported. Furthermore, the method for calibrating ADCPs using a towed car and its limitations are discussed. This study contributes to discussions surrounding the establishment of standard procedures for calibrating ADCPs and QA plans, and the construction of calibration facilities in the future.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.33, no.2, pp.171 - 183, 2011
- Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler; calibration; standardization; technological development
- ADCP; Calibration; Calibration facilities; QA Plans; Verification
- Related Researcher
Unmanned system,Marine security,무인체계,해양방위
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.