북동태평양 적도 Thermocline Ridge 해역에서 영양염(질소, 인, 규소)과 유기탄소(용존 및 입자)의 분포 특성 및 연간 변화
- 북동태평양 적도 Thermocline Ridge 해역에서 영양염(질소, 인, 규소)과 유기탄소(용존 및 입자)의 분포 특성 및 연간 변화
- Distribution and Inter-annual Variation of Nutrients (N, P, Si) and Organic Carbon (DOC, POC) in the Equatorial Thermocline Ridge, Northeast Pacific
- 손주원; 김경홍; 김미진; 손승규; 지상범
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kim, Kyeong Hong(김경홍); Son, Seung Kyu(손승규); Chi, Sang Bum(지상범)
- The distribution and inter-annual variation of nutrients (N, P, Si) and dissolved/particulate organic carbon were investigated in the equatorial thermocline ridge (7o~11.5oN, 131.5oW) of the northeast Pacific. From the Oceanic Nino Index and Multivariate ENSO Index provided by NOAA, normal condition was observed in July 2003 and August 2005 on the aspect of global climate/ocean change. However, La Niña and El Niño episodes occurred in July 2007 and August 2009, respectively. Thermocline ridge in the study area was located at 9oN in July 2003, 8oN in August 2005, 10oN in July 2007, and 10.5oN in August 2009 under the influence of global climate/ocean change and surface current system (North Equatorial Counter Current and North Equatorial Current) of the northeast Pacific. Maximum depth integrated values (DIV) of nutrients in the upper layer (0~100 m depth range) were shown in July 2007 (mean 21.12 gN/m2, 4.27 gP/m2, 33.72 gSi/m2) and higher variability of DIV in the equatorial thermocline ridge was observed at 10oN during the study periods. Also, maximum concentration of dissolved organic carbon (DOC) in the upper 50 m depth layer was observed in July 2007 (mean 107.48±14.58 μM), and particulate organic carbon (POC, mean 9.42±3.02 μM) was similar to that of DOC. Nutrient concentration in the surface layer increased with effect of upwelling phenomenon in the equatorial thermocline ridge and La Niña episode, which had formed in the central Pacific. This process also resulted in the increasing of organic carbon concentration (DOC and POC) in the surface layer. From these results, it is suggested that spatial and temporal variation of chemical and biological factors were generated by physical processes in the equatorial thermocline ridge.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.33, no.1, pp.55 - 68, 2011
- nutrients; dissolved organic carbon; particulate organic carbon; thermocline ridge; northeast Pacific
- Related Researcher
deep sea mineral resources,deep sea sediments,심해저 광물자원,심해저 퇴적물,심해 환경
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.