Simplified planar model for damage estimation of interlocked caisson system
Cited 9 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 10 time in
- Simplified planar model for damage estimation of interlocked caisson system
- Thanh-Canh Huynh; Lee, So-Young; Kim, Jeong-Tae; Park, Woo-Sun; Han, Sang-Hun
- KIOST Author(s)
- Park, Woo Sun(박우선)
- 박우선; 한상훈
- In this paper, a simplified planar model is developed for damage estimation of interlocked caisson systems. Firstly, a conceptual dynamic model of the interlocked caisson system is designed on the basis of the characteristics of existing harbor caisson structures. A mass-spring-dashpot model allowing only the sway motion is formulated. To represent the condition of interlocking mechanisms, each caisson unit is connected to adjacent ones via springs and dashpots. Secondly, the accuracy of the planar model's vibration analysis is numerically evaluated on a 3-D FE model of the interlocked caisson system. Finally, the simplified planar model is employed for damage estimation in the interlocked caisson system. For localizing damaged caissons, a damage detection method based on modal strain energy is formulated for the caisson system.
- SMART STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS, v.12, no.3-4, pp.441 - 463, 2013
- simplified model; interlocked caissons; modal strain energy; damage detection
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.