Primary productivity properties in the nearshore region of Taean Peninsula
- Primary productivity properties in the nearshore region of Taean Peninsula
- Sinjae Yoo; Kyoungsoon Shin
- KIOST Author(s)
- Shin, Kyoungsoon(신경순)
- Estimated water column productivity ranged from 27.6-196.6 mg C/m2/day in the winter to 1323.6 mg C/m2/day in the summer. In the winter, the major limiting factor for primary production appears to be the water column turbidity. At some of the nearshore stations, Ik , the photoadaptation parameter, was extremely low in the winter indicating that the light environment was not favorable for plant growth. The lowest estimates of water column primary productivity were in the vicinity of 30 mg C/m2/day. -from English summary
- Ocean Research, v.17, no.2, pp.91 - 99, 1995
- light; P-I properties; primary production; primary productivity; turbidity; (East); Korea(South); Taean Peninsula; Yellow Sea
- Related Researcher
Plankton ecology and physiology,Risk assessment,Ship ballast water,플랑크톤 생리, 생태,위해성평가,선박평형수
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.