Macroalgal flora of Maxwell Bay, King George Island, Antarctica: II. Rhodophyta
- Macroalgal flora of Maxwell Bay, King George Island, Antarctica: II. Rhodophyta
- Kim, H.J.; Chung, H.; Oh, Y.S.; Lee, I.K.
- This study examined the taxonomic composition of marine benthic algal flora from Maxwell Bay, King George Island, Antarctica, collected between January 1988 and January 1995. The rhodophyte specimens collected and examined included a total of 20 genera and 20 species of red algae. Of these, 2 species, Kallymenia antarctica Hariot and Pantoneura plocamioides Kylin, were recorded in Maxwell Bay for the first time. Taxonomic keys for the rhodophytes are also provided.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.23, no.4, pp.347 - 360, 2001
- community composition; macroalga; taxonomy; Antarctica; Kallymenia antarctica; Pantoneura plocamioides; Rhodophyta
- Antarctica; King George Island; Maxwell Bay; Rhodophytes
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.