Macroalgal Flora of Maxwell Bay, King George Island, Antarctica: I. Chlorophyta, Chrysophyta and Phaeophyta
- Macroalgal Flora of Maxwell Bay, King George Island, Antarctica: I. Chlorophyta, Chrysophyta and Phaeophyta
- Kim, J.H.; Chung, H.; Oh, Y.S.; Lee, I.K.
- Taxonomic composition of marine benthic algal flora was investigated in an Antarctic bay. Specimens of chlorophyte, chrysophyte and phaeophyte were collected and examined over the period from January 1988 to January 1995 from Maxwell Bay, King George Island. A total of 19 genera and 23 species (7 chlorophytes, 1 chrysophyte and 15 phaeophytes) were identified and described. A chlorophyte Lambia antarctica (Skottsberg) Delépine and a phaeophyte Alethocladus corymbosus (Dickie) Sauvageau were recorded in Maxwell Bay for the first time. Taxonomic keys for the chlorophytes and the phaeophytes were also provided.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.23, no.3, pp.209 - 221, 2001
- Antarctica; Chlorophyte; Chrysophyte; King George Island; Maxwell Bay; Phaeophyte
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.