Genetic relationship of Korean cattle (Hanwoo) based on nucleotide variation of mitochondrial D-loop region
Cited 7 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 0 time in
- Genetic relationship of Korean cattle (Hanwoo) based on nucleotide variation of mitochondrial D-loop region
- Yum, S; Suh, JY; Woo, S; Jeon, HW; Chong, KC; Suh, DS
- KIOST Author(s)
- Yum, Seung Shic(염승식); Woo, Seon Ock(우선옥)
- 염승식; 우선옥
- This study analyzed the D-loop region of 28 Korean cattle (Bos taurus) from 7 different localities to examine the genetic diversity of Korean cattle populations. Approximately 1.6 kb of D-loop region sequences was determined and nucleotide variations were compared using the sequences of the 28 Korean cattle and the published sequences of 18 Japanese, 10 European, 6 African and 6 Indian cattle. Dendrograms indicated that the Korean cattle were more closely related to the European than Japanese cattle. The Indian cattle showed the furthest genetic relation to the Korean cattle. This paper discussed the genetic relationship of Korean domestic cattle compared with European, African, Indian and Japanese cattle based on the sequence variations of the mitochondrial DNA D-loop region.
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF GENETICS, v.26, no.3, pp.297 - 307, 2004
- GENETICS SOC KOREA
- DNA VARIATION; EVOLUTIONARY GENETICS; DOMESTIC CATTLE; RAPID EVOLUTION; BOS-INDICUS; SEQUENCE; ORIGIN; INTROGRESSION; DIVERSITY; TAURUS
- Korean cattle; mitochondrial DNA; D-loop; variation
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.