A Second-Order Particle Tracking Method
- A Second-Order Particle Tracking Method
- Seok Lee; 이흥재; Kyu-Min Song; Chong-Jeanne Lim
- KIOST Author(s)
- Lee, Seok(이석); Song, Kyu Min(송규민)
- An accurate particle tracking method for a finite difference method model is developed using a constant acceleration method. Being assumed constant temporal and spatial gradients, the new method permits temporal-spatial variability of particle velocity. Test results in a solid rotating flow show that the new method has second-order accuracy. The performance of the new method is compared with that of other methods; the first-order Euler forward method, and the second-order Euler predictor-corrector method. The new method is the most efficient method among the three. It is more accurate and efficient than the other two.
- Ocean Science Journal, v.40, no.4, pp.201 - 208, 2005
- particle tracking; accuracy; efficiency; constant acceleration method; FDM model
- Related Researcher
Ocean circulation,Dynamics of ocean surface currents by HF Radar and drifters,Real-time ocean monitoring,해양순환,고주파레이다와 표류부이를 활용한 표층해류관측 및 연구,실시간 해양 모니터링
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.