Genetic diversity of the Mud Crab Scylla serrata in micronesia based on microsatellite marker analysis
- Genetic diversity of the Mud Crab Scylla serrata in micronesia based on microsatellite marker analysis
- Jang, Y.-S.; Yi, S.K.; Noh, C.H.; Oh, S.-Y.
- KIOST Author(s)
- Noh, Choong Hwan(노충환); Oh, Sung Yong(오승용)
- Analysis of four microsatellite markers from Mud Crab Scylla serrata revealed that there is high level of genetic diversity within this species. Genetic diversity of S. serrata was calculated using allele diversity, observed heterozygosity, expected heterozygosity (Het-exp), polymorphic information content, gene differentiation and Nei's DA distance. Mean polymorphic information content value was 0.797, which reflected high level of polymorphism across the loci of S. serrata. The Palau population has the highest genetic diversity (Het-exp=0.871), while the Kosrae population has the lowest genetic diversity (Het- exp=0.806). However, the geographical genetic distance among S. serrata populations from Yab, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Kosrae, and Palau were low (0.2009~0.3350). These results suggest that despite their wide distribution, S. serrata are no different in geographical genetic diversity within the five sampled locations.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.31, no.4, pp.319 - 326, 2009
- allele; biodiversity; biomarker; crab; polymorphism; population distribution; population genetics; Micronesia; Decapoda (Crustacea); Scylla serrata
- Genetic diversity; Micronesia; Microsatellite; Mud crab; Scylla serrata
- Related Researcher
Fish genetics and breeding,Living modified organism,Sbtropical mariculture,어류유전육종,어류형질전환,아열대어류양식
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.