Vibration and impedance monitoring for prestress-loss prediction in PSC girder bridges
Cited 55 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 56 time in
- Vibration and impedance monitoring for prestress-loss prediction in PSC girder bridges
- Kim, Jeong-Tae; Park, Jae-Hyung; Hong, Dong-Soo; Cho, Hyun-Man; Na, Won-Bae; Yi, Jin-Hak
- KIOST Author(s)
- Yi, Jin-Hak(이진학)
- A vibration-impedance-based monitoring method is proposed to predict the loss of prestress forces in prestressed concrete (PSC) girder bridges. Firstly, a global damage alarming algorithm using the change in frequency responses is formulated to detect the occurence of damage in PSC girders. Secondly, a local damage detection algorithm using the change in electro-mechanical impedance features is selected to identify the prestress-loss in tendon and anchoring members. Thirdly, a prestress-loss prediction algorithm using the change in natural frequencies is selected to estimate the extent of prestress-loss in PSC girders. Finally, the feasibility of the proposed method is experimentally evaluated on a scaled PSC girder model for which acceleration responses and electro-mechanical impedances were measured for several damage scenarios of prestress-loss.
- SMART STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS, v.5, no.1, pp.81 - 94, 2009
- MODAL IDENTIFICATION; CONCRETE STRUCTURES; MATERIAL SYSTEMS; DAMAGE DETECTION; FREQUENCY; BEAM; SENSORS; FORCE
- structural health monitoring; prestress-loss; vibration-based damage detection; PSC girder; vibration; electro-mechanical impedance; modal parameters
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.