APPROACH TO CLASSIFYING SHIP TYPES FROM AIS DATA USING DNN AND CNN

DC Field Value Language
dc.contributor.author Son, Gyeong Mi -
dc.contributor.author Choi, Won Jun -
dc.contributor.author Baek, Jeong Eun -
dc.contributor.author Shin, Dae Woon -
dc.contributor.author Rashid ahmed, Harun Al -
dc.contributor.author Yang, Chan Su -
dc.date.accessioned 2022-05-19T01:30:09Z -
dc.date.available 2022-05-19T01:30:09Z -
dc.date.created 2022-05-18 -
dc.date.issued 2022-05-17 -
dc.identifier.uri https://sciwatch.kiost.ac.kr/handle/2020.kiost/42485 -
dc.description.abstract Busan Port in Korea ranked third to firth busiest port of the world during the last few years. Hence, there are high risks of ship accidents due to the complex marine traffic environment which is comprised of ships engaged in several types of activities like maritime trades, passenger transportation, different methods of fishing, as well as various port activities. Therefore, it is necessary to develop a method for identifying types of cargo ships. In this regard deep neural network (DNN) based classification of vessel types on AIS data on 2021.02.05 was accomplished for the location of Busan Port area. The AIS data were first quality controlled for removing data outliers and then 80% of the data were used for training the models. Finally, the rest 20% data were used for testing purpose. DNN based ship classification results showed 71% accuracy. Classification of the ships similarly with CNN model is in progress and thus as a comparative study CNN based results of classification will be compared with those of DNN. Thus, based on the current DNN results could be suggested to classify ships from AIS data for the research area, and this research will be continued for further improvements in order to achieve increased accuracy. -
dc.description.uri 1 -
dc.language English -
dc.publisher ISRS -
dc.relation.isPartOf The Proceedings of ISRS 2022 -
dc.title APPROACH TO CLASSIFYING SHIP TYPES FROM AIS DATA USING DNN AND CNN -
dc.type Conference -
dc.citation.conferenceDate 2022-05-16 -
dc.citation.conferencePlace JA -
dc.citation.conferencePlace Online -
dc.citation.endPage 244 -
dc.citation.startPage 242 -
dc.citation.title ISRS 2022 (International Symposium on Remote Sensing 2022) -
dc.contributor.alternativeName 손경미 -
dc.contributor.alternativeName 최원준 -
dc.contributor.alternativeName 백정은 -
dc.contributor.alternativeName 신대운 -
dc.contributor.alternativeName AHMED -
dc.contributor.alternativeName 양찬수 -
dc.identifier.bibliographicCitation ISRS 2022 (International Symposium on Remote Sensing 2022), pp.242 - 244 -
dc.description.journalClass 1 -
Appears in Collections:
Marine Domain Management Research Division > Marine Security and Safety Research Center > 2. Conference Papers
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

qrcode

Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse