Thiazolidinedione 유도체(TD49) 물질을 이용한 적조생물 Akashiwo sanguinea의 제어
- Thiazolidinedione 유도체(TD49) 물질을 이용한 적조생물 Akashiwo sanguinea의 제어
- Algicidal Effects of a Newly Developed Thiazolidinedione Derivative, TD49, on Dinoflagellate Akashiwo sanguinea
- 백승호; 신현호; 장민철; 김시욱; 손문호; 조훈; 김영옥
- KIOST Author(s)
- Baek, Seung Ho(백승호); Shin, Hyeon Ho(신현호); Kim, Young Ok(김영옥)
- To evaluate the algicidal impact of a newly developed algicide thiazolidinedione derivative, TD49, on dinophyceae Akashiwo sanguinea in aquatic ecosystems, tentative culture experiments for the target species were conducted in small (SS), middle (MS), and large scale (LS) culture vessels. When TD49 was introduced at the final concentration of 2 μM in SS and MS, as well as 1 μM in LS, the abundance of A. sanguinea decreased significantly in all the treatments. On the other hand, total phytoplankton abundance, except A. sanguinea in the TD49 treatments, gradually increased with culture time, which implies that a cell destruction of A. sanguinea by TD49 is a major cause of the population growth by other phytoplankton species. Also, A. sanguinea was easily destroyed, which was likely to be a source of extracellular substances. In particular, a pH decrease was significant in the treatments than in the control, which indicates that the water in the treatments has been acidified, due to an increase in the heterotrophic metabolisms of bacteria and degradation of A. sanguinea cells. Our results indicate that the TD49 substance is the potential agents for the control of A. sanguinea in the enclosed and eutrophic water bodies.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.34, no.2, pp.125 - 135, 2012
- Akashiwo sanguinea; algicidal effect; thiazolidinedione; ecosystem
- Related Researcher
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.