마이크로네시아에 서식하는 해조류 Pylaiella littoralis 추출물의 항산화 효과
- 마이크로네시아에 서식하는 해조류 Pylaiella littoralis 추출물의 항산화 효과
- Antioxidant Effect of Tropical Seaweed Pylaiella littoralis Extracts Collectedfrom Chuuk Lagoon in Federated States of Micronesia
- 예보람; 장지이; 권영경; 전선미; 정주영; 강도형; 오철홍; 김지형; Abu Affan; 현정호; 허수진
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kang, Do-Hyung(강도형); Oh, Chulhong(오철홍); Heo, Soo Jin(허수진)
- Pylaiella littoralis was collected in the Chuuk lagoon of the Federated States of Micronesia(FSM). The FSM has a variety of coral reef ecosystems, which provide essential materials, such asminerals, vitamins, essential amino acids, for marine organisms. In this study, the antioxidant activities ofethanol and enzymatic extracts of P. littoralis were evaluated by measuring their scavenging activities onDPPH free radical, Alkyl radical, hydroxyl radical and cell viability. The enzymatic extracts werehydrolyzed to prepare water soluble extracts by using five carbohydrate degrading enzymes (AMG,Celluclast, Termamyl, Ultraflo, and Viscozyme) and five proteases (Alcalase, Flavourzyme, Kojizyme,Neutrase, and Protamex). As a result, the enzymatic extracts prepared by Flavourzyme, Ultraflo, andKojizyme exhibited the greatest effects in DPPH free radical, alkyl radical scavenging activity and cellviability. Also, these enzymatic extracts had a higher antioxidant effect then commercial antioxidants inDPPH free radical and Alkyl radical scavenging activity. This study suggests that P. littoralis might be auseful source of natural antioxidants for the development of dietary supplements.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.34, no.3, pp.297 - 304, 2012
- Federated States of Micronesia; Pylaiella littoralis; antioxidant activity; enzymatic extract; radical scavenging activity
- Related Researcher
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.