자바송사리에서 중금속노출에 의한 산화스트레스 반응 유전자들의 차등발현
- 자바송사리에서 중금속노출에 의한 산화스트레스 반응 유전자들의 차등발현
- Differential expression of oxidative stress-responsive genes during the heavy metal exposure
- 우선옥; 염승식; 이택견
- KIOST Author(s)
- Yum, Seungshic(염승식); Lee, Taek Kyun(이택견)
- Environmental stress dramatically induces stress responsiveness in an organism and it affects its related genes expressions. We obtained six stress-responsive genes [metallothionein (MT), catalase (CAT), superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathion S-transferase (GST), cytochrome P-450 (CYP1A1), uniquitin (UBI)] from Oryzias javanicus and investigated their expression changes in fishes exposed to a variety of concentrations of cadmium (Cd). We designed PCR primers for the stress responsive genes from highly conserved region in various organisms and have cloned by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). The fishes (n=5, each group) were exposed to various concentrations of cadmium (0, 0.1, 10, 1000 ppb) for 24 hr then total RNAs were extracted from livers. The levels of CYP1A1, MT, SOD, and UBI transcripts were elevated in all Cd-exposed fishes comparing to non-exposed control in a dose-dependent manner. However, CAT and GST gene expression were increased in 0.1 and 10 ppb Cd-exposure and drastically decreased in 1000 ppb Cd-exposure. This study provided the basic gene expression profiles by heavy metal stress and those genes could be used as biomarkers to assess the marine environmental pollution using O. javanicus.
- 2005 한국해양학회 추계학술발표대회, pp.319 - 323, 2005
- Related Researcher
Marine virus,Marine pathogens,해양바이러스,해양병원체
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.