마지막 최대 빙하기와 홀로세 중기의 아시아 몬순 뮬레이션
- 마지막 최대 빙하기와 홀로세 중기의 아시아 몬순 뮬레이션
- High-resolution Simulation of the Asian Summer Monsoon for the mid-Holocene and the Last Glacial Maximum
- 김성중; T.j. Crowley; 이방용; 석봉출
- Asian monsoon between the mid-Holocene and the LGM using results obtained by a relatively fine resolution numerical model. The simulations were performed with the Community Climate Model version 3 (CCM3) atmospheric general circulation model at about 75 km with 18 vertical levels. In the mid-Holocene summer, surface temperature increases in Asian continent by 3-5°C. Associated with the increase in surface temperature, surface pressure becomes deeper inside the continent and this intensifies the landward winds, especially the southwest wind in the Arabian Sea. An increase in landward winds is also shown in the northeast Pacific. In the LGM, on the other hand, the surface temperature decreases and consequently sea level pressure increases in the Tibetan Plateau, which leads to a marked decrease in southwest winds and thus the summer monsoon circulation. In conclusion, the Asian summer monsoon becomes stronger in the mid-Holocene and weaker in the LGM. These model results agree with observational proxy evidence and other previous model simulations.
- The 4th International Symposium of IGCP-476, pp.29 - 31, 2006
- Pusan National University. Korean Institute of Geoscience & Mineral Resources
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.