대기-해양 수치모형 결과 표출 및 분석 서비스 제공을 위한 3차원 과학적 가시화 도구 개발
- 대기-해양 수치모형 결과 표출 및 분석 서비스 제공을 위한 3차원 과학적 가시화 도구 개발
- Development of a 3-dimensional scientific visualization tool for analysis of results from atmospheric and oceanic numerical models
- 이범용; 육진희; 장동민; 신호정; 이지우; 조민수; 안준언
- As the computing power and its performance are improved, the resolution of numerical models becomes finer in the horizontal and the vertical and thus the size of data produced by numerical models increases drastically. The software VAPOR is being developed in response to increasing needs of 3-dimension scientific visualization. It is powerful free/open source software, and is originally specialized for WRF model outputs in atmospheric and oceanic research fields. The scope of VAPOR visualization was extended to various models, POP, MOM4 and ROMS in the earlier versions, but that is further extended to CAM and GRIMs in the recently-released version. In addition, the data conversion can be done using a GUI and contour can be visualized with multiple color scales. In this study, we introduced newly added functions and visualization procedures by showing the GUI-used data conversion and model output images of GRIMs used for the simulation of typhoon Bolaven in 2012, and both POP and CAM used for the simulations of RCP8.5 scenario. It is expected that this study is helpful for users in atmospheric and oceanic research fields to easily do data processing, visualize data and intuitively understand the phenomena.
- 슈퍼컴퓨팅정보지, v.3, no.2, pp.16 - 22, 2015
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.