Transient response analysis by model order reduction of a Mokpo-Jeju submerged floating tunnel under seismic excitations
Cited 8 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 10 time in
- Transient response analysis by model order reduction of a Mokpo-Jeju submerged floating tunnel under seismic excitations
- Han, Jeong Sam; Won, Boreum; Park, Woo-Sun; Ko, Jin Hwan
- KIOST Author(s)
- Park, Woo Sun(박우선)
- In this study, a model order reduction technique is applied to solve the transient responses of submerged floating tunnel (SFT) from Mokpo to Jeju under seismic excitations. Because the SFT is a very long structure as well as a transient response analysis requires large amount of computational resources, the model order reduction is mandatory in the design stage of the SFT. Thus, we apply a model order reduction based on Krylov subspace to the simplified finite element model of the SFT. The responses of the reduced order model are compared with those of the full order model and also are verified by referring a previous work. In conclusion, the computational resources are dramatically reduced with an acceptable accuracy by using the model order reduction, which eventually is useful for designing the full-scale model of SFTs.
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING AND MECHANICS, v.57, no.5, pp.921 - 936, 2016
- computational mechanics; dynamic analysis; earthquake/seismic ananysis; finite element method (FEM); numerical methods; offshore/coastal structures; simulation; structural design
- Related Researcher
Development of harbor structures,Analysis of harbor structures,Design of harbor structures,항만구조물개발,항만구조물해석,항만구조물설계
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.