살오징어 (Todarodes pacifica)의 음향 반사강도 측정
- 살오징어 (Todarodes pacifica)의 음향 반사강도 측정
- Acoustic Target Strength of live Japanese common squid (Todarodes pacifica) for Applying Biomass Estimation
- 강돈혁; 황두진; T. Mukai; K. Iida; 이경훈
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kang, Don Hyug(강돈혁)
- Target strength (TS) of Japanese common squids (Todarodes pacificus) were measured using 38 and 120 kHz split beam scientific echosounders under the live condition. For the TS measurement of an individual, a total of 3 squids (mantle length (ML): 22.8, 25, and 27 cm) were used using small fishhook method, whereas for measurement of swimming angle, a total of 8 squids (ML: 21-27 cm) were used under live condition, confined with net cage with 2 m diameter. At the same time, two underwater video cameras enabled continuous monitoring of squid behavior. Considering normal behavior, the mean TS at 38 and 120 kHz varied from -48.6 to -45.9 dB, and from -46.5 to -44.6 dB, respectively. In both frequencies, mean TS at 120 kHz is relatively higher than that of 38 kHz, approximately 1.3-2.5 dB. From free living condition, the mean swimming angle of the squids was -24o. The results of the measurement will be provided basic information for conducting acoustic surveys of the squid.
- 한국수산학회지, v.37, no.4, pp.345 - 353, 2004
- Echosounder; Japanese common squid; Todarodes pacificus; Swimming angle; Target strength (TS)
- Related Researcher
Marine security,Underwater Acoustics,해양방위,수중음향
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.