남극 오존층 파괴가 식물플랑크톤에 미치는 영향
- 남극 오존층 파괴가 식물플랑크톤에 미치는 영향
- Effects of the Antarctic Ozone Depletion on the Marine Phytoplankton
- 강성호; 강재신; 이상훈; 이윤호
- KIOST Author(s)
- Lee, Youn Ho(이윤호)
- The Antarctic ecosystem has been affected by continuous ozone depletion. Increase of UV radiation due to the ozone depletion in the Antarctic has changed growth environment for the marine organisms, resulting in various effects on the Antarctic marine ecosystem whether adverse or not. Especially, fast growing primary producers, phytoplankton which use solar light as energy source are the most sensitively affected organisms against the UV increase. The UV radiation increase may result in change of the productivity, biomass, and species composition of phytoplankton. In addition, UV radiation could cause physiological, genetic, and ecological changes of phytoplankton cells. It is necessary to accumulate baseline data which will be compared with the future data to estimate the degree of changes in the Antarctic marine ecosystem. The Antarctic phytoplankton which have adapted for a long time to the extreme environment can be used as continuous biological indicator to detect and monitor the environmental changes. We have reviewed recent research papers about effects of the ozone depletion on the Antarctic marine phytoplankton.
- Algae, v.16, no.3, pp.303 - 314, 2001
- ozone hole; phytoplankton; the Antarctic; ultraviolet radiation (UVR)
- Related Researcher
Marine Molecular Genetics,Marine Ecology and Evolution,해양분자유전,해양생태및진화
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.