제주 해양생물다양성 보전을 위한 해안서식지와 저서동물 다양성 조사 보고
- 제주 해양생물다양성 보전을 위한 해안서식지와 저서동물 다양성 조사 보고
- Habitats and zoobenthic species diversity in the coast of Jeju Island, Korea; As a baseline study for conserving coastal and marine biological diversity
- 제종길; 구본주; 이형곤; 신상호; 이재학; 김병일; 이시완
- KIOST Author(s)
- Koo, Bon Joo(구본주); Lee, Hyung-Gon(이형곤)
- As a baseline study for conserving coastal and marine biological diversity in the coast and adjacent seas of Jeju Island(Jejudo), the coastal habitat and zoobenthic species diversity were investigated during three years from 18 intertidal areas along the coast, and four subtidal rocky shores and three subtidal sandy bottoms near Seogwipo. And the zoobenthic species was listed form previous works and this study. In the first year (1998), a preliminary survey on the habitats and their dominant species was carried out at 19 sites consisting of 18 intertidal areas and one subtidal area (Supsom). The habitats were mainly divided into three different types: rocky shores, sand beaches (or sand flats) and mixed shores. Two sites of rocky and mixed shores had sedimentary rock bed. The dominant benthic animals collected from intertidal zones of the sites were identified into 114 species: 73 mollusks, and 31 crustaceans and 10 fishes from tide pools. Intertidal and underwater surveys for zoobenthic diversity of rocky shores were carried out at four sites from three different islets near Seogwipo in 1999. The benthic animals obtained in the survey were identified into 318 species. The major faunal groups were mollusks with 138 species (26%), crustaceans with 83 (26%) and polychaetes with 38 species (12%). The other rest groups had less than 21 species: 21 echinoderms, 9 sponges etc. The benthic animals were vertically distributed and significantly zoned along the tide level and depth as follows: Granulilittorina exigua, Heminerita japonica, Chthamalus challengeri, Septifer keenae, Pollicipes mitella and Tetraclita japonica in intrtidal zone and algae dominant zone above 5m in depth, oyster reef zone between 5∼15m, soft corals and Ecklonia cava zone between 10∼25m and sponges dominant zone below 25m in subtidal zone. The animal diversity of oyster reef was the highest among the subtidal zones. The result of clustering using simple matching coefficient was similar t vertica
- 한국수중과학회지, v.3, no.1, pp.7 - 109, 2002
- Related Researcher
benthic ecology,bioturbation,remote sensing,저서생태학,생물교란,원격탐사
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.