해양퇴적토에 오염된 다환 방향족 탄화수소의 생물정화
- 해양퇴적토에 오염된 다환 방향족 탄화수소의 생물정화
- Bioremediation of PAHs in marine sediment
- 김상진; 권개경; 현정호; V.I. Svetashev
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kwon, Kae Kyoung(권개경)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) are ubiquitous environmental pollutants and considered to be hazardous because of their carcinogenic, mutagenic and genotoxic properties. Removal of PAHs from contaminated environments is of great concern. In order to develop the PAHs bioremediation technology, the studies on PAHs contamination in coastal sediment of Korea, the potential of PAHs degrading activity in coastal sedimentary environments, and bioaugmentation effect of active PAHs degrading microorganisms were performed. PAHs pollution in coastal sedimentary environment was severe (max. ca. 210 ppm) and major polluted PAHs were high molecular weight one (≧four-ring). The potential of PAHs degrading activity by natural microbial flora in estuarine sediment was relatively high. Temperature was major limiting factors for the PAHs decomposition in natural environment. Although five-ring PAH was hardly decomposed by natural microflora, the treatability test using Novosphingobium pentaromativorans US6-1T certainly showed the efficient bioaugmentation effect.
- Journal of Ocean Science and Technology, v.1, no.1, pp.7 - 13, 2004
- Related Researcher
Acquisition of marine microbial bioresources,Marine microbial diversity,Application study on marine microbes,해양미생물 자원 확보,해양미생물 다양성,해양미생물 기능 활용
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.