Streptochlorin, a marine natural product, inhibits NF-κB activation and suppresses angiogenesis in vitro
- Streptochlorin, a marine natural product, inhibits NF-κB activation and suppresses angiogenesis in vitro
- Choi, I.-K.; Shin, H.J.; Lee, H.-S.; Kwon, H.J.
- KIOST Author(s)
- Lee, Hyi Seung(이희승)
- Angiogenesis is an essential step in tumor progress and metastasis. Accordingly, small molecules that inhibit angiogenesis would appear to be a promising way to cure angiogenesis-related diseases, including cancer. In the present study, we report that streptochlorin, a small molecule from marine actinomycete, exhibits a potent antiangiogenic activity. The compound potently inhibited endothelial cell invasion and tube formation stimulated with vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF) at low micromolar concentrations where it showed no cytotoxicity to the cells. In addition, streptochlorin inhibited TNF-α-induced NF-κB activation in the newly developed cell-based reporter gene assay. These data demonstrate that streptochlorin is a new inhibitor of NF-κB activation and can be a basis for the development of novel anti-angiogenic agents.
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, v.17, no.8, pp.1338 - 1343, 2007
- angiogenesis inhibitor; immunoglobulin enhancer binding protein; immunologic factor; indole derivative; oxazole derivative; streptochlorin; unclassified drug; immunoglobulin enhancer binding protein; natural product; streptochlorin; tumor necrosis factor alpha; vasculotropin; Actinobacteria; article; cell line; cell proliferation; chemistry; drug antagonism; drug effect; endothelium cell; human; isolation and purification; angiogenesis; antiangiogenic activity; Article; cell invasion; concentration response; controlled study; drug cytotoxicity; drug isolation; drug potency; female; human cell; in vitro study; Actinobacteria; Angiogenesis Inhibitors; Cell Line; Cell Proliferation; Endothelial Cells; Humans; Immunologic Factors; Indoles; NF-kappa B; Oxazoles
- Antiangiogenic agent; NF-κB; Streptochlorin
- Related Researcher
Marine Natural Products,Organic Chemistry,해양천연물,유기화학
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.