Vibration-based damage detection in beams using genetic algorithm
Cited 23 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 26 time in
- Vibration-based damage detection in beams using genetic algorithm
- Kim, Jeong-Tae; Park, Jae-Hyung; Yoon, Han-Sam; Yi, Jin-Hak
- KIOST Author(s)
- Yi, Jin Hak(이진학)
- In this paper, an improved GA-based damage detection algorithm using a set of combined modal features is proposed. Firstly, a new GA-based damage detection algorithm is formulated for beam-type structures. A schematic of the GA-based damage detection algorithm is designed and objective functions using several modal features are selected for the algorithm. Secondly, experimental modal tests are performed on free-free beams. Modal features such as natural frequency, mode shape, and modal strain energy are experimentally measured before and after damage in the test beams. Finally, damage detection exercises are performed on the test beam to evaluate the feasibility of the proposed method. Experimental results show that the damage detection is the most accurate when frequency changes combined with modal strain-energy changes are used as the modal features for the proposed method.
- SMART STRUCTURES AND SYSTEMS, v.3, no.3, pp.263 - 280, 2007
- STRUCTURAL DAMAGE; NEURAL-NETWORKS; IDENTIFICATION; BRIDGE
- genetic algorithm; damage detection; vibration-based; natural frequency; modal strain-energy; free-free beam
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Related Researcher
Ocean Energy-Tidal Current Energy Converter System,Infrastructure Management-Structural Health Monitoring,Offshore Wind,해양에너지-조류발전시스템,시설물 유지관리-구조건전성 평가,해상풍력
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.