Biornarker responses in caged rockfish (Sebastes schlegeli) from Masan Bay and Haegeumgang, South Korea
Cited 16 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 18 time in
- Biornarker responses in caged rockfish (Sebastes schlegeli) from Masan Bay and Haegeumgang, South Korea
- Jung, Jee-Hyun; Kim, So-Jueng; Lee, Taek-Kyun; Shim, Won Joon; Woo, Seonock; Kim, Dae-Jung; Han, Chang-Hee
- KIOST Author(s)
- Jung, Jee Hyun(정지현); Lee, Taek Kyun(이택견); Shim, Won Joon(심원준)
- 정지현; 이택견; 심원준
- The purpose of this study was to compare enzymatic biomarker activities in fish caged at two sites, Masan Bay (contaminated) and Haeguemgang (reference). In the present study, ethoxyresorufin O-deethylase (EROD), brain acetyl cholinesterase (bAChE), muscle acetyl cholinesterase (mAChE) and butyryl cholinesterase (mBChE) in caged rockfish (Sebastes schlegeli) were measured 0, 1, 3, 7, 14, 21 and 30 days after caging. The level of CYP1A mRNA and Protein expression was induced higher in Masan Bay at 1, 3, 7, 14 and 30 days after caging. EROD activity in the caged fish was significantly higher in Masan Bay than in Haeguemgang 3 and 7 days after caging, but not at 14 and 30 days after caging. bAChE activity was significantly inhibited at 7 and 14 days after caging in Masan Bay. However, mBChE activity was not significantly inhibited during the experiment. Taken together, the data suggest that the caged fish were exposed, at least transiently, to CYP1A inducers and ChE inhibitors, which is consistent with our previous observations. (c) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- MARINE POLLUTION BULLETIN, v.57, no.6-12, pp.599 - 606, 2008
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- GLUTATHIONE-S-TRANSFERASE; BIOTRANSFORMATION ENZYMES; RAINBOW-TROUT; CHOLINESTERASE ACTIVITY; GENE-EXPRESSION; NORTH-SEA; INDUCTION; 4-NONYLPHENOL; BIOMARKER; FLOUNDER
- ethoxyresorufin O-deethylase (EROD); rockfish; Sebastes schlegeli; acetyl cholinesterase (AChE); butyryl cholinesterase (BChE); Masan Bay
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.