봄철 황해의 중형동물플랑크톤 군집 구조
- 봄철 황해의 중형동물플랑크톤 군집 구조
- Mesozooplankton Community Structure in the Yellow Sea in Spring
- 김가람; 강형구
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kim, Ga Ram(김가람); Kang, Hyung Ku(강형구)
- 김가람; 강형구
- We investigated mesozooplankton in the Yellow Sea in spring to understand its community structure and relationship with environmental factors. Total mesozooplankton density ranged from 1,542 to 7,367 ind. m-3 and the biomass ranged from 3 to 42 mg C m-3. The total density and biomass had a positive relationship with chlorophyll-a (chl-a) concentration. The mesozooplankton community was divided into two groups at 125.5 E by cluster analysis: one was an inshore group and the other was an offshore group. The inshore group of mesozooplankton was of high density but low diversity, while the offshore group was of high diversity but low density. Copepod Acartia hongi and its copepodites were the most abundant species, comprising 27.8% of the total mesozooplankton density. A. hongi was especially abundant at the inshore, serving as the indicator species of the inshore group. Redundancy analysis found a positive relationship between the density of A. hongi and chl-a concentration. Oithona similis and Centropages abdominalis were 2nd and 3rd dominant species comprising 9 and 7% of the total density, respectively. The density of O. similis was positively related to water depth, but C. abdominalis was related to chl-a concentration. Chl-a concentration seems to influence significantly the mesozooplankton community structure in the Yellow Sea in spring, rather than water temperature or salinity.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.42, no.4, pp.271 - 281, 2020
- mesozooplankton community; Yellow Sea; copepoda; Acartia hongi; chlorophyll-a concentration
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.