Copper, Zinc and Lead Isotopic Delta Values and Isotope Ratios of Various Geological and Biological Reference Materials
Cited 1 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 0 time in
- Copper, Zinc and Lead Isotopic Delta Values and Isotope Ratios of Various Geological and Biological Reference Materials
- Jeong, Hyeryeong; Ra, Kongtae; Choi, Jin Young
- KIOST Author(s)
- Jeong, Hyeryeong(정혜령); Ra, Kongtae(나공태); Choi, Jin Young(최진영)
- 정혜령; 나공태; 최진영
- Copper, Zn and Pb isotope ratios are important tracers for understanding geological and biological processes. We present optimised column separation methods using an anion exchange resin for Cu and Zn, and a Pb-specific resin for Pb, and provide Cu, Zn and Pb isotope data for thirty-three commercially available geological and biological reference materials (RMs) using MC-ICP-MS. Our measurement procedures can be applied to various environmental samples. The Cu, Zn and Pb yields were higher than 99.2%, and isotopic fractionation did not occur during column separation. Copper and Zn delta values of AGV-2, BCR-2, BIR-1a, BHVO-2, GSP-2, NOD-A-1, NOD-P-1, DOLT-4, BCR-414, BCR-279 and NIST SRM 1573a were in good agreement with previously reported values. The intermediate measurement precision for Cu and Zn delta values was better than +/- 0.02 parts per thousand (2s). The delta Cu-65(NIST976), delta Zn-66(JMC) and Pb-206/Pb-207 values determined in this study ranged from -0.19 to +0.73 parts per thousand, -0.96 to +1.00 parts per thousand and 1.1172 to 1.2263, respectively. The delta Zn-66(JMC) variability (Delta Zn-66(max-min)) in this study was relatively larger than that of delta Cu-65(NIST976) variability (Delta Cu-65(max-min)). A combination of Cu, Zn and Pb isotopes can be used as potential environmental tracers to track the origins of these elements in the environment as well as to understand their influence on organisms.
- GEOSTANDARDS AND GEOANALYTICAL RESEARCH, 2021
- Cu isotopes; Zn isotopes; Pb isotopes; MC‐ ICP‐ MS; reference materials
- Article; Early Access
- Related Researcher
Marine chemistry,Isotope Biogeochemistry,Environmental Forensic,해양화학,동위원소 생지화학,환경법의학
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.