First record of the percophidid fish Osopsaron formosensis (Percophidae: Hemerocoetinae) off Jeju Island, Korea
- First record of the percophidid fish Osopsaron formosensis (Percophidae: Hemerocoetinae) off Jeju Island, Korea
- Oh, J.; Kim, S.
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kim, Sung(김성)
- A specimen of Osopsaron formosensis was collected at the southeastern part of Jeju Island in June 2008. This specimen is to be distinguished from congeneric species using the key characters such as the eye with dorsal iris flap, cheek with scales, elongated dorsal spine, the length and the numbers of the first dorsal spines, and black pigmentation of the dorsal fin membrane. This report was the first record of O. formosensis from Korea. We named it 'No-ran-tti-nun-tung-ii' in Korean. © 2009 Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute (KORDI) and the Korean Society of Oceanography (KSO) and Springer Netherlands.
- Ocean Science Journal, v.44, no.4, pp.227 - 230, 2009
- fish; new record; new species; pigment; taxonomy; Cheju [Cheju (PRV/ISL)]; Cheju [South Korea]; South Korea; Hemerocoetinae; Osopsaron formosensis; Percophidae
- first record; Jeju Island; Osopsaron formosensis; Percophidae
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.