Remote Sensing Surveillance System for Supporting Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing Control Activities
- Remote Sensing Surveillance System for Supporting Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing Control Activities
- 양찬수; 심재설; 정수정; 이용국; 장남도; 최복경; 임학수; 정섬규; 김응; 김태호; 홍단비; 김선화; HARUN-AL RASHID AHMED; 정종진; 박주한; 배정주; 류은경; 이한빛; 원병선; 전호군; 남기훈; 양신일; 박주영; 강배준; 김승룡; 양은정; 신대운; 이은경; 오수현; 나은주; 김선우; 김동하; 박광순
- KIOST Author(s)
- Yang, Chan Su(양찬수); Jang, Nam Do(장남도); Choi, Bok Kyoung(최복경); Lim, Hak Soo(임학수); Kim, Eung(김응); Park, Ju Han(박주한); Jeon, Ho Kun(전호군); Kim, Seungryong(김승룡); Shin, Dae Woon(신대운)
- 양찬수; 심재설; 정수정; 이용국; 장남도; 최복경; 임학수; 정섬규; 김응; 홍단비; 김선화; HARUN-AL RASHID AHMED; 정종진; 박주한; 배정주; 류은경; 이한빛; 원병선; 전호군; 양신일; 박주영; 강배준; 김승룡; 신대운; 오수현; 나은주; 김선우; 박광순
- The basic concept of ship detection system is to acquire Sentinel-1 data provided by ESA and detect vessels and share the results to FFA.
Usually, vessels need to report their position through radio communication (e.g., AIS) to the VMS.
However, vessels operating illegally have the problem of turning off the AIS (or other ma-chine) transmitter.
Also, ships far from the ground station are also difficult to locate due to the loss of position report signals.
For this reason, it is necessary to use satellites to monitor vessels that are involuntary for monitoring or in the far ocean.
This project aims to use Sentinel-1 because it is a satellite equipped with SAR sensors for day and night surveillance using microwave can penetrate the cloud.
The project output is expected to be support IUU surveillance and control activities with synergetic usage with local surveillance infrastructure such as PPB and airplane.
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.