수중음향 모델을 위한 보름달물해파리(Aurelia aurita s.l.)의 체내 음속비 및 밀도비
- 수중음향 모델을 위한 보름달물해파리(Aurelia aurita s.l.)의 체내 음속비 및 밀도비
- Measurements of Sound Speed and Density Contrasts of the Moon Jellyfish (Aurelia aurita s.l.) for Hydroacoustic Model
- 강돈혁; 이창원; 이형빈; 김미라
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kang, Don Hyug(강돈혁); Kim, Mira(김미라)
- Physical properties such as sound speed contrast (h) and density contrast (g) of the interested target are key parameters to understand acoustic characteristics by using theoretical scattering models. The density and sound speed of moon jellyfish (common jellyfish, Aurelia aurita s.l.) were measured. Sound speed contrast (h) was measured from travel time difference (time-of-flight method) of an acoustic signal in a water tank for APOP studies (Acoustic Properties Of zooplankton). Density contrast (g) was measured by the displacement volume and wet weight (dual-density method). The sound speed remained almost constant as the moon jellyfish increased in bell length. The mean values±standard deviation of h and g were 1.0005±0.0012 and 0.9808±0.0195), respectively. These results will provide important input for use in theoretical scattering models for estimating the acoustic target strength of jellyfish.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.34, no.1, pp.85 - 91, 2012
- hydroacoustic model; moon jellyfish; Aurelia aurita s.l.; sound speed contrast; density contrast
- Related Researcher
Marine security,Underwater Acoustics,해양방위,수중음향
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.