대형 해양과학연구선 건조사업의 비시장적 편익 평가
- 대형 해양과학연구선 건조사업의 비시장적 편익 평가
- Non-market Benefits of Building the Large Oceanographic Research Ship
- 유승훈; 권석재
- KIOST Author(s)
- Kwon, Suk Jae(권석재)
- A project to build a large oceanographic research ship was proposed to improve the level of ocean research. This paper attempts to measure the non-market benefits of the project. To this end, the dichotomous choice contingent valuation method is used. In particular, the recently proposed one and onehalf bounded model is applied. The model can reduce the potential for response bias compared to the double bounded model, while maintaining much of its efficiency. Moreover, in order to deal with zero WTP observations, a spike model is adjusted for our data. A survey of 500 randomly selected households was implemented in the Metropolitan area. The respondents were asked in person-to-person interviews about how they would be willing to pay for implementing the project. Overall, respondents accepted the contingent market, and were willing to contribute a significant amount (3,244 won), on average, per household per year. The aggregate value of the project nationwide would amount to approximately 40.1 billion won per year.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.34, no.2, pp.175 - 183, 2012
- contingent valuation method; non-market benefit; willingness to pay; large oceanographic research ship
- Related Researcher
Non- Market Valuation,Natural Disater Damage Evaluation,비시장가치 평가,자연재해피해 평가
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.