황해 남동부 대륙붕 지대에서 분출되는 탄화수소가스의 지구물리적, 지화학적 연구
- 황해 남동부 대륙붕 지대에서 분출되는 탄화수소가스의 지구물리적, 지화학적 연구
- Geophysical and geochemical observations on actively-seeping hydrocarbon gases on the southeastern Yellow Sea continental shelf
- 정갑식; 조진형; 김성렬; 현상민; Urumu Tsunogai
- KIOST Author(s)
- Jeong, Kap Sik(정갑식); Cho, Jin Hyung(조진형); Hyun, Sangmin(현상민)
- In the southeastern Yellow Sea, hydrocarbon gases have been actively seeping through a large number of plumes from the topmost pre-Holocene sedimentary layer at least since 1987. The gas seepage often appears to be catastrophic so much as to form craters and diapirs, although pockmarks are rare due to the distribution of mobile palimpsest sands. In core sediments and core-top seawater, the gases are characterized by a large abundance of ethane (C2) and a large difference (19.7‰ PDB, on average) between δ13C1 (-55.2 to –53.6‰ PDB) and δ13C2 (-36.8 to -32.5‰). The gases are regarded to be generated with smaller amount of methane (C1) by thermal cracking of labile source materials at depth, after which they undergo selective but less biodegradation before reaching the seafloor during rapid migration.
- 5th International Conference on Asian Marine Geology, pp.89, 2004
- Related Researcher
Marine Geology,Marine Geochemistry,Marine Security and Safety Research,해양지질,해양지화학,해양방위
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.