Natural frequency of bottom-fixed offshore wind turbines considering pile-soil-interaction with material uncertainties and scouring depth
Cited 13 time in
WEB OF SCIENCE
Cited 15 time in
- Natural frequency of bottom-fixed offshore wind turbines considering pile-soil-interaction with material uncertainties and scouring depth
- Yi, Jin-Hak; Kim, Sun-Bin; Yoon, Gil-Lim; Andersen, Lars Vabbersgaard
- KIOST Author(s)
- Yi, Jin Hak(이진학); Yoon, Gil Lim(윤길림)
- Monopiles have been most widely used for supporting offshore wind turbines (OWTs) in shallow water areas. However, multi-member lattice-type structures such as jackets and tripods are also considered good alternatives to monopile foundations for relatively deep water areas with depth ranging from 25-50 m owing to their technical and economic feasibility. Moreover, jacket structures have been popular in the oil and gas industry for a long time. However, several unsolved technical issues still persist in the utilization of multi-member lattice-type supporting structures for OWTs; these problems include pile-soil-interaction (PSI) effects, realization of dynamically stable designs to avoid resonances, and quick and safe installation in remote areas. In this study, the effects of PSI on the dynamic properties of bottom-fixed OWTs, including monopile-, tripod- and jacket-supported OWTs, were investigated intensively. The tower and substructure were modeled using conventional beam elements with added mass, and pile foundations were modeled with beam and nonlinear spring elements. The effects of PSI on the dynamic properties of the structure were evaluated using Monte Carlo simulation considering the load amplitude, scouring depth, and the uncertainties in soil properties.
- WIND AND STRUCTURES, v.21, no.6, pp.625 - 639, 2015
- pile-soil-interaction (PSI); bottom-fixed offshore wind turbine; random sampling; natural frequency; scouring
- Related Researcher
Ocean Energy-Tidal Current Energy Converter System,Infrastructure Management-Structural Health Monitoring,Offshore Wind,해양에너지-조류발전시스템,시설물 유지관리-구조건전성 평가,해상풍력
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.