조력발전소 가동 후 시화갯벌의 대형저서동물군집 변화
- 조력발전소 가동 후 시화갯벌의 대형저서동물군집 변화
- Changes in the Macrobenthic Community in Sihwa Tidal Flat After Operation of the Tidal Power Plant
- 김민규; 구본주
- KIOST Author(s)
- Koo, Bon Joo(구본주)
- In this study, we investigated changes in the macrobenthic community in Sihwa tidal flat before and after the operation of a Tidal Power Plant (TPP). In order to investigate changes in the macrobenthic community structure, field surveys were conducted at eighteen stations in 4 transect lines every September from 2011 to 2015. Mean density of macrobenthos decreased to 116 ind./m2 in 2015 from 1,602 ind./m2 in 2011. While the mean density of macrobenthos has decreased, species richness and biomass have gradually increased. The species diversity and SEP (Shannon-wiener Evenness Proportion) have also gradually increased over time since the operation of the TPP. The macrobenthic community in Sihwa tidal flat was divided into 4 groups on a yearly base. Before the operation of TPP, opportunistic species such as Neanthes succina and Polydora cornuta largely contributed to the structure of the macrobenthic community, while equilibrium species such as Periserrula leucophryna and Scopimera globosa contributed after the operation. With the operation of TPP, the macrobenthic community has rapidly recovered and this might be related to improvement in the quality of water and sedimentary environments as a result of an increase in water mass volume exchanged through the TPP gate.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.38, no.4, pp.315 - 324, 2016
- macrobenthic community; ecosystem stabilization; tidal power plant; tidal flat; Lake Sihwa
- Related Researcher
benthic ecology,bioturbation,remote sensing,저서생태학,생물교란,원격탐사
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.