심해저 광물자원 개발규칙 제정을 위한 법적쟁점에 관한 연구
- 심해저 광물자원 개발규칙 제정을 위한 법적쟁점에 관한 연구
- Legal considerations for establishing regulations of mineral resources exploitation in the Area
- KIOST Author(s)
- Park, Seong Wook(박성욱)
- The International Seabed Authority(ISA) is working to establish norms for the commercial development of deep-sea mineral resources. Commercial development of deep seabed mineral resources requires the formulation of practical exploitation regulations along with relevant provisions of the UNCLOS and the Implementation Agreement. In the meantime, the ISA has been discussing for many years to formulate the exploitation regulations. In August 2017, the Legal and Technical Commission drafted and distributed the exploitation regulations. Key issues for the commercial development of the deep sea mineral resources are discussed including the payment system including royalties, the development period, protection of the marine environment, and submission of data. In this paper, I will examine the discussions in the ISA for the development of deep-sea mineral resources and the issues that are dealt with in commercial development.
- 해양정책연구, v.32, no.2, pp.191 - 208, 2017
- UNCLOS; Implementation Agreement; International Seabed Authority; Exploitation Regulations; Commercial development; Royalties; Marine Environment; 유엔해양법협약; 이행협정; 국제해저기구; 개발규칙; 로얄티; 해양환경
- Related Researcher
Law of the Sea,Marine Policy,해양법,해양정책
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.