고해상도 해양순환모형을 이용한 씨프린스호 유류유출 사고 수치실험
- 고해상도 해양순환모형을 이용한 씨프린스호 유류유출 사고 수치실험
- Numerical Experiment on Sea Prince Oil Spill Incident Using aHigh Resolution Ocean Circulation Model
- 김예솔; 이호진; 정경태; 박재훈; 이현정
- This study investigates the effects of tide, wind and oceanic currents on oil spill dispersionsthrough a series of numerical floats tracking experiments on the Sea Prince oil spill incident occurred in1995 using a 3-dimensional high resolution ocean circulation model. For that, a total of four experimentalcases (experiment with tide, wind and oceanic currents, experiment with tide and oceanic currents,experiment with wind and oceanic currents, and experiment with tide and wind) were compared. It could beseen that results from experiment involving all external forces showed better agreement with the observedpattern of oil slick movement than other cases. The oceanic currents acted to drive floats to move to thewestern channel of the Korea straits and wind accelerated the eastward movement of floats in the early stageof the incident. Tidal currents played significant role in the horizontal dispersion of floats.
- Ocean and Polar Research, v.34, no.3, pp.337 - 348, 2012
- ROMS; high resolution; Sea Prince Oil Spill; numerical floats tracking
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Items in ScienceWatch@KIOST are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.